When sending an email to request an appointment for a Conference Call or Meeting – be precise and to the point in what you plan to discuss and how much time you are requesting. It will help to prepare both parties so the call can be productive and efficient.
Joe, I would like to schedule 30 minutes next week for a conference call with you to discuss:
1. The status of XYZ project
2. Marketing materials for the ABC program
3. Preparations for the LMN conference
I’m available either: (list three possibilities). Do any of those times work for you? If not, please let me know what is convenient for you so I may plan accordingly.
I look forward to the call (meeting).
Sharing as much information during the initial request helps both parties to be beneficial, effective and professional participants during the conference call.
And after the meeting, don’t miss the perfect opportunity to follow up with a handwritten note! It will make a huge and memorable impact.
Do you have a ‘manner’ or question you would like to see covered in a post? Feel free to send me your thoughts, I would love to hear from you. My goal is to help students to feel more comfortable and confident in the social and professional skills; do you know someone who would enjoy this post? If so, please share it and encourage them to sign up to receive Manner Monday? I would appreciate it! And if you’re new to Manner Monday, I’d love for you to take a minute to learn more about why I started it. You can click here to read my very first post that tells all about it.
Thanks for reading!
In other news….
Registration for the Passport (9-12th Grade) Program is open: Click Here to access more information and to access the Passport (9-12th Grade) Program registration online.
The Interview Intensive for 10-12th graders begins soon: Click here for dates and registration information.
Email Newsletter Have you signed up to receive Manner Monday directly to your inbox every week? Click on the button below that says ‘Keep me on the list!’ and choose your settings:
- Manner Monday will go out every Monday morning with a tip of the week, a helpful hint, or a fun ‘mannerly’ story.
- Weekly Updates go out every week (or as I have information to share… so I really should call it something else because you won’t see it ‘weekly’).
Click the button below to subscribe and access Email Newsletter settings: Business Etiquette Training and other Workshops Would you like to schedule a workshop or presentation? I have a variety of workshops that can be customized to fit your needs and would love to work with your organization, Click Here to access the Business Section of the website. Or please call or email for more information, 405-721-1467 or CareySue@CareySueVega.com Here are just a few of the workshop topics:
- Etiquette and the Generations – understanding ‘those guys’
- Creating a Great Customer Service Experience
- Business Etiquette and Professionalism – Navigating Lunch and Networking Events
- Dude you’re Rude! Interoffice civility awareness and team building
- First and Lasting Impressions
- Professional Dress
- Trade Show Booth Training
Word of Mouth is the best compliment you can give. Do you know of some who may be interested in our programs, please share our information with them. Here is the best link to share with them, it covers everything in a nutshell: https://www.expeditionsinetiquette.com/youth/programs/