Happy Memorial Day!
Many of us will celebrate Memorial Day by displaying a United States Flag so I thought it would be helpful to share some tips on Flag Etiquette. In my research, I stumbled upon a very detailed and helpful resource http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagcode.htm
Here are some highlights:
“It is the universal custom to display the flag only from sunrise to sunset on buildings and on stationary flagstaffs in the open. However, when a patriotic effect is desired, the flag may be displayed twenty-four hours a day if properly illuminated during the hours of darkness.”
If utilizing a flagpole, when flying your flag on Memorial Day, it should be at half-staff until noon.
“When the flag of the United States is displayed from a staff projecting horizontally or at an angle from the window sill, balcony, or front of a building, the union of the flag should be placed at the peak of the staff unless the flag is at half-staff. When the flag is suspended over a sidewalk from a rope extending from a house to a pole at the edge of the sidewalk, the flag should be hoisted out, union first, from the building.”
“The flag should not be displayed on days when the weather is inclement, except when an all-weather flag is displayed.”
“The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.”
If you do have a flag that has seen better days and is ready to be replaced. Please let me know, our son is a Cub Scout and would be happy to dispose of it properly at our next official scouting ‘Flag Retirement’ ceremony.
For families who missed the Early Bird rate, please let them know they can still save $50 with the ‘Summer Special’ rate.
And yes, a deposit can still be made to secure their spot!
For more information, visit the registration page on the website: https://www.expeditionsinetiquette.com/registration
The highest compliment you can give us is a referral to your friends and coworkers. Please share our registration and contact information with any families you think might be interested in participating in our program.
Each year we build on the previous year as we add to the curriculum. We have many students who continue with us each season, from our Level 5 (5th grade) program through our Passport (High School) Program. Our goal with the continuous exposure, and gentle reminders, of the courtesies we teach over consecutive years – is to assist you in raising well-mannered young adults.
- Continued Exposure: Just as continued exposure to athletics and school homework reaps rewards; continued exposure to the social skills taught in our program will provide lifelong lessons that will benefit your child throughout the classroom and into the boardroom.
- Benefits and Rewards: One of the biggest rewards of our students returning year after year, is the virtual ‘light bulb’ that seems to turn on and stay on; the students are really starting to get it and they are very proud of themselves. Their confidence is building. We’ve highlighted some of our graduating seniors on my blog at www.CareySueVega.com/?s=senior+spotlight
5-8th Grade Levels: We encourage you to register early to take advantage of the ‘Summer Special’ discount. Regular tuition for the 2014-2015 season will be $425.
- All Families, ‘Summer Special’ $375 by July 31
- 5-8th Grade registration online via: https://www.expeditionsinetiquette.com/registration
9-12th Grade Levels: Registration is open and will continue with the Early Bird discount into the fall. Register early to avoid the waiting list.
- 9-12th Grade registration online via: https://www.expeditionsinetiquette.com/passport-high-school-registration
Business Etiquette Training and other Workshops
Would you like to schedule a workshop or presentation?
I’m busy booking projects and working on presentations for clients and am already scheduling well into the Fall! Thank you so much for your continued support for this part of my business!
I have a variety of workshops that can be customized to fit your needs and would love to work with your organization, please call or email for more information, 405-721-1467 or CareySue@CareySueVega.com
Here are just a few of the workshop topics:
- Etiquette and the Generations – understanding ‘those guys’
- Creating a Great Customer Service Experience
- Business Etiquette and Professionalism – Navigating Lunch and Networking Events
- First and Lasting Impressions
- Professional Dress
As always, thanks for reading!
– Carey Sue